JLL Hotels & Hospitality Group have been exclusively retained by AccorInvest (The “Vendor”) to offer for sale the AccorInvest Australian Hotel Portfolio (herein collectively referred to as the “Hotels”, “Properties”, “Assets” or “Portfolio”)
Strategically located in one of the Asia Pacific’s most sought after hotel investment destinations, the Portfolio consists of 23 hotels (17 real estate assets comprising 1,797 rooms and six lease interests comprising 1,249 rooms) across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Perth and several key regional locations.
The scale of this Portfolio and its diversity - in terms of location, market positioning and income profile - provides investors with an opportunity to immediately establish an unparalleled foothold in Australia’s key hotel markets.
The Hotels are currently managed by AccorHotels, Australia’s largest hotel operator, however several are available for acquisition subject to a franchise agreement or with vacant possession if required.
Never before has a portfolio of this nature been offered for sale to the open market in Australia.
UNPRECEDENTED OPPORTUNITY TO ACQUIRE SCALE
- Ability to acquire immediate scale in Australia, one of the world’s most sought after investment destinations.
- Portfolio of well-established assets.
- Significant market share, by room count, to the key markets of Sydney and Melbourne.
EXCELLENT INVESTMENT FUNDAMENTALS
- The Hotels enjoy prominent locations within their respective markets.
- Strong underlying freehold land component (54,469 sqm) across the Portfolio.
- Long history of profitability.
- Well maintained assets.
PROVEN HOTEL MODEL
- Economy hotels remain a much preferred accommodation option amongst travellers in Australia.
- The operating model of these hotels focuses primarily on guest rooms, allowing for minimal staff requirements and a low fixed cost base.
- This structure also ensures bottom-line performance directly benefits from high demand periods.
- Australia’s largest hotel operator with a headquarters in Sydney and a strong state-based operations teams.
- Currently manages 330 hotels and resorts and more than 50,000 rooms across Australia.
- Market leading loyalty program, distribution channels and procurement systems.
- Excellent reputation , recognition and market share across the ibis Budget and ibis brands.
- Some hotels within the Portfolio may be purchased subject to franchise agreement with AccorHotels or with vacant possession.
- A number of the sites occupy large land holdings that may be suitable for future redevelopment.
- Several assets located in areas currently undergoing significant growth and transformation.
- Refurbishment and repositioning opportunities exist across the Portfolio.
- A number of markets expected to experience strong organic trading growth over the medium to long term.